Friday, October 14, 2011

Brother HL-5240 High-Speed Desktop Office Laser Printer

The HL-5240 is a monochrome laser printer with a fast print speed of up to 30ppm. Ideal for busy offices, it is an excellent desktop printer.

Color: GRAY Brand: Brother Model: HL-5240 Platform: Windows Format: CD Number of items: 1 Dimensions: 9.69" h x 14.61" w x 15.08" l, 21.61 pounds Fast print speeds up to 30 ppm High-capacity paper tray holds up to 250-sheets 1200 x 1200 dpi maximum resolution One-touch print cancel button Supports virtually any office or graphics application

Amazon.com Built for reliable day-in and day-out laser printing, the HL-5240 is a printing workhorse. With an extensive list of standard features, this printer is ideal for both office and graphics applications. With an expandable paper input capacity, including a fold-down multi-purpose tray for envelopes and letterhead, the HL-5240 is an outstanding choice for desktop business laser printing. What's in the Box:HL-5240, power cord, paper tray, multipurpose tray, TN550 toner cartridge, DR520 drum unit, set up instructions, user's guide, warranty card

Customer more profits in 32 of 32 people found this review helpful. Envelopes with mangles arkman just unpack and configure the printer. The first results of 8 1 / 2 x 11 sheets are great. Excellent quality, good speed, the installation went smoothly. Unfortunately, no matter what I do mangles # 10 envelopes pass through the manual feeder. I think I've tried all the relevant settings in the driver thick, including envelopes, envelope thin, thick envelope, etc. Each bag comes out badly wrinkled. Envelopes are ordinary Staples # 10s, I used a Laserjet5 without too much trouble for years (the heat that the printer does not insert the flap a little, 'but only slightly. I'm talking about the return of Brother HL-5240. The online FAQ Brother seems to be completely useless because mostly repeat instruction book for the insertion of the envelopes. Anyone have ideas on getting around this? Are there special envelopes that will work? If you don't need envelopes, I'd give this **** or maybe even ***** based on just a few hours use For envelopes, it doesn't even rate one star, and that makes me nervous about the overall quality. **UPDATE***: I've managed to get at least some envelopes to print cleanly. Thanks to the comments posted by John Bissel on the HL-5250, as those led me in the right direction. Anyway, what's worked for me is: * Office Depot sells some #10 envelopes under their own brand name that are specifically listed as working with laser and inkjet printers. I found those wrinkle a lot less than the many other #10s I tried. * Use the com-10 size and envelope-thin media. * Here's the tricky part. Those two fixes get you close, but there's still a bit of a wrinkle on the trailing edge. Thanks to Mr. Bissel, I found the secret pressure release flippers in the back of the printer. Yes they are documented. No, they are not mentioned under envelopes, or in the general guides to the printers features No they're not in the printed documentation. You have to go into the PDF user guide that gets installed along with the printer (use the Windows Start/Programs to find it). Then you have to look in the troubleshooting section under crinkled pages or some such. Then you find the flippers. It warns you to fip them up only for envelopes, then down, which would be a huge hassel. Like Mr. Bissel, I've had fine luck leaving them up all the time. Perhaps my output on regular pages is a tad less dark. So, now I'm happy. Printer is great. I should say that I sent a query to Brother's email-based support service. They promise response in 1 business day. It's been 4 days, and so far I've heard nothing. 29 of 31 people found the following review helpful. Excellent Personal Laser for Business or Home By B. Hatch We have these on all of our executives desks at work, so the can print documents confidentially They look nice, have a small footprint, are very quiet, and are trouble free. We have far fewer support incidents or erros on these as we do with other laser printers. With their price and performance, we couldn't recommend these highly enough. 46 of 52 people found the following review helpful. First Impressio: easy to use and very fast. By William Lester I bought the Brother HL-5240 Laser Printer the last week of December, 2005. This is my first laser printer, and I wanted something to replace an inkjet printer which became erratic after 25,000 cyles. I'm what I call serious retired, I'm not going to use the printer in business but I do a lot of printing pursuing my hobbies of genealogy, bridge, and photography. I wanted a productive black and white printer mostly for text or line type art work, I do my photo printing on an Epson R1800. My first impression was that setup was a breeze I am running Windows XP Professional in a Hewlett Packard Workstation xw4100 computer. The quick setup sheet led me through what to do, and everything loaded off the single CD furnished with the unit. I understand that if I had Windows XP 64x.

0 comments:

Post a Comment